The Chablais has a wide range of possibilities for enjoying the benefits of water, from aquatic centres, to beaches, and lakes, even in the mountains!
The Forme d’O aquatic centre (Multi Pass activity) in Châtel has two fun water areas, and a wellness area:
- An aquatic area with a heated interior and exterior pool.
- An ocean area (wellness and fitness) with 1 heated interior space with bubble-benches and massaging waterfalls, 3 saunas, 2 hammams, 2 jet showers, a relaxing room and a fitness room.
- An ocean area for face and body beauty treatments in individual or double rooms and 1 relaxing room.
Around the exterior of the aquatic centre there are terraces with lawns and numerous activities: volleyball, badminton, Mölkki, slip’n’slide and slackline.
The Forme d’O aquatic centre is open daily from 10:00 am to 7:30 pm (nocturnal until 9:30 am Wednesday), 1st July to 31st August.
Take advantage of reduced prices and get the Multi Pass!
Prices for the aquatic centre:
- Adult (+16 yrs.): €9
- Child (3 to 16 yrs.): €6
Access to the aquatic area is free for 3 hours for Portes du Soleil Multi Pass holders.
Prices for the Ocean Area:
- Adult (17 yrs. old and over): €18
Portes du Soleil Multi Pass holders have 50% reduction to the entrance fee to the Ocean Area.
Information and contacts:
188 Chemin de l’Étringa – 74390 Châtel
Tel.: 04 50 72 04 31
There are swimming pools open all summer on Léman lakeside: La Cité de l’Eau in Amphion-Publier, and the Évian Municipal swimming pool.
Lake Léman Beaches
A genuine landlocked sea, lakeside the water reaches 26°C in the height of summer, here are a selection of beaches that are near Abondance:
- Publier municipal beach (29km – 34 mins)
- Évian-les-Bains Nautical Centre (30km – 36 mins)
- Redon Beach in Margencel (35km – 38 mins)
- Champ de L’eau, Chantrel beach, municipal beach and Séchex beach in Anthy-sur-Léman (35km – 38 mins)
- St-Disdille, Pinède beach and Thonon-les-Bains Nautical Centre (29 km – 33 mins).
Lake Montriond (28km): in the Aulps valley 35 minutes from Abondance, this lake is situated in a magnificent setting between dramatic cliffs and conifer forests.
An area has been carefully landscaped so that you can enjoy the water in complete safety. Reservation required for groups: 04 50 75 96 93
From 01/07 to 31/08: access is free and monitored by a lifeguard every day (except Saturdays) from 11 am-6 pm.
La Beunaz Lake (19km – 21 mins): La Beunaz Lake in Saint-Paul-en-Chablais is a leisure area developed around a natural temperate mountain lake.
The leisure area is open every day in July and August from 10 am-7 pm. Swimming entrance fee: €3.80 over 6-years-old.